So Delicious You Won’t Even Miss The Meat
The Most Delicious Vegan Burger Patties
- 1 cup Beetroot shredded
- 1 can Black Bean ~85% mashed
- 1 Shallot diced
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1.5 cups Rice cooked
- 1 cup Mushrooms cooked
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp Thyme picked fresh
- to taste Salt & Pepper
- Cook about 3/4 to 1 cup of rice. Fluff, tip out of pot (or rice cooker) and let cool on counter.
- Dice mushrooms and cook on a very high heat to ensure they don't boil themselves. Add shallots and garlic as well. Tip out of pan to let cool on counter.
- Mash the canned or cooked black beans. I will mash mine with the back of a fork until about 80-85% of the way so there are still some visible beans.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Give it a squeeze of lemon or lime and a taste. Unlike meat burgers it is perfectly safe to try this mixture "raw"! Adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Form into patties of your desired shape/thickness, but don't make them too thin or you risk them falling apart as they cook. Set aside in the fridge for a couple hours to set up and let the flavours mingle.
- Cook in a pan or a barbecue over medium or so heat for about 5-7 minutes per side. Get a nice golden crunchy outside and hot center.
Feel free to make it your own:
Use different vegetables, perhaps some suitable leftovers. Experiment with different herbs and flavours!
Here are a few ideas:
- How about some Korean flare by incorporating Gochujang and chopped Kimchi?
- Perhaps go Greek with sautéed Peppers and chopped Olives.
- Or Japanese with grated Ginger, Tamari and Tofu.
There are so many possibilities. Use the canvas of plain rice and binding of the mashed black bean to paint your own flavour opus!
Toast up a nice kaiser roll and pile up your toppings of choice; pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado etc.
We slathered our buns with a Vegan version of “Big Mac” sauce. Click here for the recipe!
Lastly, we took it up just one more level and spooned in some heated Nona Vegan Cheese Style sauce.
These Were Very Delicious
If you enjoyed this post I invite you to give it a share and a like! Thank you